You got into this business because you’re a problem solver who likes a wide variety of challenges. You can’t imagine doing one thing for an entire career. But being part of an amazing team working on really good clients is right up your alley. At Preston Spire, we make brands positively matter by creating experiences so meaningful they are welcome in people’s lives. That’s why we exist. And frankly, it’s a huge challenge we set for ourselves every day. But, and this is where you come in, we can’t fully accomplish this mission without leadership in account management and new business. In other words we need you to help us grow, to find and nurture the kinds of Good Brands that share our values and fit our mission.
This role will include important assignments on existing accounts, as well as helping to win new business and then leading those new accounts.
- Support our CEO in the development and execution of Preston Spire’s Good Wins new business plan
- Collaborate with our dynamic lead generation partner
- Create/expand a network that keeps you “in the know” about appropriate opportunities
- Make welcome connections with prospects that are warm and those actively searching for a new agency
- Develop and maintain search consultant relationships so our agency is top of mind – collaborate on innovative approaches to market our agency
- Get to know the agency’s great body of work and see how it can apply to new business and current client opportunities
- Be a main point of contact for some RFPs – organize teams and contribute to RFP responses and presentations
- Be an integral member of the team on existing accounts, to be selected based on your background, desire and expertise
- Own the accounts you help win, being the account leader and main point of contact for senior to mid-level clients
- Successfully onboard new clients on our processes, communications and tools
- Get new clients set up in our systems with approved contracts and statements of work
- Lead a multidisciplinary team in building and implementing plans that achieve our clients’ objectives
- Lead the financial management of the accounts you own
- Mentor team members in the account management department and beyond
- Nurture our client partnerships to build a long lasting and trusting relationships
- Grow our client’s business like it was your own
- Four or more years of ad agency experience, preferably some experience working on new business in some capacity
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management
- Excellent problem-solving skills and cool under fire
- Desire to grow our culture and work alongside team members in our swanky new downtown Minneapolis office
- Great EQ, can read a room, lead a room, but hate politics and would rather get to work plowing the field than kicking up dust
- Solid computer skills, including Google Suite (Google Slides, Sheets and Docs)
- Strong written and oral presentation skills, in person, over video or phone
- Strong sense of curiosity and ability to ask smart and thoughtful questions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to live our agency values of courage, openness, originality and positivity
- Desire to collaborate and bring out the best in a multi-disciplined team
- Desire to build relationships with clients and teammates like a pro, but also like a caring human being
- Enough knowledge to be dangerous in a C Suite with paid media, public relations, research, digital, traditional and pretty much all aspects of marketing
Sounds like your kind of unicorn? Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About Preston Spire
Again, we make brands positively matter by creating experiences so meaningful they are welcome in people’s lives. We do so by following our agency’s CO-OP values:
Courage: Champion smart risk
Originality: Choreograph our own dance
Openness: Welcome diverse ideas
Positivity: Inspire more great
It should go without saying, but we are committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
This role is based in Minneapolis and will require in-office presence. Everyone at Preston Spire is vaccinated and currently working a hybrid schedule of Monday, Wednesday and Thursday in office with Tuesday and Friday remote. We are following all CDC and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines when it comes to COVID safety.