We’re looking for a smart, driven media planner to join our growing team. This is a position for an ambitious and strategic paid media professional who brings innovative and unconventional ideas and multi-channel media plans to our clients and their brands. The position requires strong analytical and reporting skills, organizational skills, the desire to find and act on media trends, and the ability to be a part of developing campaigns. Being a proactive collaborator and working effectively in teams is a must.
- Gather and analyze campaign data, find patterns, uncover trends and communicate findings
- Create reports, charts and presentations
- Evaluate and interpret data from multiple sources, determine effective approaches and tactics
- Research trends, innovation and changes that affect advertising and our clients’ industriesDevelop insights and recommendations to exceed expectations and maximize ROI
- Define strategies, provide creative solutions and make recommendations
- Achieve fluency with all media channels and technologies: digital, mobile, social, search, broadcast, print, out-of-home, experiential
- Assist in creating plans and buying digital and traditional media
- Manage, monitor and optimize communications programs
- Generate and manage media insertion orders, reconcile billing
- Participate in new business and growth opportunities with current clients
- BA degree in advertising, marketing, communications or business
- 2-4 years paid media experience, including digital and traditional
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of digital and traditional advertising
- Exceptional analytical skills, must have experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop clear and concise documents and presentations
- Experience with online and offline data tools such as Google Adwords, Google Analytics, DSPs, Meta (Facebook ad platform), Compete, Nielsen, MRI, Kantar, Resonate, Scarborough, etc.
- Thrive in an environment that requires creativity, teamwork, multitasking and attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (used mostly in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides)
- Confident and comfortable working on various types of projects, including traditional and digital advertising, websites/landing pages, social media content, public relations, print/collateral
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and multiple simultaneous projects in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, timeliness, follow-through and accuracy
- Excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to learn and apply new skills
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization
- Strong skills in relationship building with clients, reps and team members
This role will be based in Minneapolis and will require in-office presence. Everyone at Preston Spire is vaccinated and currently working a hybrid schedule of Monday, Wednesday and Thursday in the office with Tuesday and Friday remote. We are following all CDC and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines when it comes to COVID safety. We would also be open to candidates in Kansas City, working with our head of paid media who resides there. No matter if you are in Minneapolis or Kansas City, some travel will be required as needed for our out of state clients.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to us at email@example.com.
About Preston Spire
At Preston Spire, we make brands positively matter by creating experiences so meaningful they are welcome in people’s lives. To help us on our Good Wins mission, we are looking for an ambitious project manager who has only scratched the surface of their potential. We will offer growth opportunities by working on Good Brands in a variety of growth categories, from health and wellness to financial services. And opportunities to bring value to an integrated, collaborative team of Good People who have fun and respect each other’s contributions. A team of fanatics on a common mission to help grow Preston Spire and our clients, and to grow personally. We do so by following our agency’s CO-OP values:
Courage: Champion smart risk
Originality: Choreograph our own dance
Openness: Welcome diverse ideas
Positivity: Inspire more great
We are committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.